GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT: This product page is for: 1 pound - 1 bag of The most loved coffee from Dominican Republic ( garanteed ) / El cafe Dominicano mas amado ( garantizado ): "CAFE SANTO DOMINGO". This edition on this listing is espresso ground coffee; especially for espresso coffee machines ( this coffee has the finest grind ). This special coffee is a rich-flavored, dark roasted, top quality coffee; the pride and joy of Dominicans !!! it's recognized worldwide for its tasty flavor and unique aroma, considered one of the best coffees in Latin America and the world. Here in Dominican Republic the daily routine starts with the aroma of "SANTO DOMINGO COFFEE" every morning... doesn't matter where you are; in the country side, at the city, everywhere... that's what helps us have a great day!!! You will receive a top quality product packed with its ORIGINAL, UNTOUCHED AND SEALED PACKAGE DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY: "INDUBAN" ( almost 70 years producing the coffee ). We really invite you to be part of our pride... If you have tasted it you know is amazing and if you haven't tried this excellent-top quality coffee, we recommend you to because we're sure you won't regret and very probably you will be ordering again soon ! PRODUCTION AND EXPIRATION DATE: This Dominican item will last ( expire ) 2 complete years from manufacturing date due to its high quality and sealed package. 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COFFEE AND CAFFEINE: 1) Caffeine is a bitter substance found in coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate, kola nuts, and certain medicines, it’s a central nervous system and metabolic stimulant, and is used both recreationally and medically to reduce physical fatigue and to restore alertness. With moderate doses it produces increased wakefulness, faster and clearer flow of thought, increased focus, and better general body coordination. The amount of caffeine needed to produce effects varies from person to person, depending on body size and degree of tolerance. Effects begin less than an hour after consumption, and usually wear off in about five hours. 2) Legend has it that Ethiopian shepherds first noticed the effect of caffeine when they saw their goats appearing to become frisky and "dance" after eating coffee berries 3) Originally, coffee was eaten by African tribes mixing coffee berries with fat which formed edible - energy balls. 4) The rise of Islam contributed greatly to the popularity of coffee. The religion prohibits drinking alcohol, but coffee was consider an acceptable drink. 5) All coffee in the world grows in the Bean Belt - the area between the Tropics of Cancer and Caprison. Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. that grows coffee. 6) 70% of the world consumes Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. The remaining 30% drinks Robusta, which is more bitter-tasting, but has 50% more caffeine than Arabica coffee. 7) Coffee can grow up to 30ft tall on trees, but cultivated to be around 10ft tall for easy picking. 8) The bean is actually a seed inside bright red berry. 9. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth. 10) George Washington invented instant coffee. A Belgium man living in Guatemala by the name of George Washington (not the president) invented it in 1906. WHY CHOOSING ESPRESSO-GROUND COFFEE INSTEAD OF TRADITIONAL GROUND COFFEE ?: First of all Espresso Coffee is a “method” of making coffee which involves a “machine” that brews coffee by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans. Espresso method generally produces coffee thicker than coffee brewed by other methods, has a higher concentration of suspended and dissolved solids, and has crema on top ( literally cream, a creamy foam on the surface of the coffee ). As a result of the pressurized brewing process, the flavors and chemicals in a typical cup of espresso are very concentrated. Espresso has more caffeine per unit volume than most beverages, but the usual serving size is smaller. So for this listing, these coffee beans are ground very finely, much finer than “traditional ground coffee”. So if you have a coffee machine and you want to make very strong coffee ( high volume of caffeine ) this type of coffee here is the right for you.